Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TEAL opener

Topwater GPS Dependent Big Ark Tiny's Avatar
    Your right Dabbs I think I will bragg on the little turd. He was invited to play for the 3rd grade team. He's in 2nd but I thought it would be some good practice for him, ya know a little head start.....Week one he made starter on the O-Line...Week two was asked if he could stay and practice with the 4th grad....My thought was they needed a tacklling dummie, again good practice for him....game day I was asked if he could dress out for the forth grade team...my thought was coach must want some depth....week two started for 3rd and rotated in and out on 4th....Week 3 starting left tackle on 3rd grade, starting right guard on forth....He's wore the hell out with 2 practices a day 3 days a week back to back double headers every Saturday and his regular feeding and chores around the house but he ain't slacked up yet and yep his old Daddy is one proud Papa. Damn right Dabbs the boy needs to be bragged on!!!
    "Duck hunting brings out the best in men....kinda like whiskey dose"

"Ain't life grand"

"Around here the last thing you want is to be treated like family"

That's kewl as hell Arky...know how proud you are watchin the boy.

Mine aren't interested at all in football...they are baseball through and through.

One is 17 and the other is 13. The 17 year old plays American Legion when school ball isn't going on.

They are 15-18 and have a junior and senior team. They had tryouts last month and the 13 year old (will be 14 next month) decided to try out and see if he could play up on the Junior team next year.

There were 21 new kids try out....a couple 14 year olds but mostly 15 year olds. Out of 21 kids who tried out he was the only one who made the team.

Lots of football players on the team who can't play fall baseball so they combine the two teams so he is playing with kids all the way up to 18.

First tourney was last weekend and was a wood bat tourney. They took second place and he started 1st base every game but one...the oldest son started first that game.

He had 3 rbi's, two hits, a stolen base and scored a run on Saturday and two rbi's, two hits and came in and pitched 2/3's of an inning in the last game with not hits against him.

I love watching them compete.

And you are correct...competing against older kids will develop them so much faster. I just tell mine as long as you are having fun go balls to the wall. At that age if it isn't they will get burned out and not want any part of it later.

Dabs

Refuge Dissident GPS Dependent park duck's Avatar
    The birds haven't made it here yet. This is the deepest this place is right now. The table is set just waiting on the birds. This Thursday - Sunday should be something magic. Yesterday we killed ten today only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEARDOWN View Post
    Some of you bastards are like niggers. You find something nice and you can't help but try and *&%#*&%#*&%#*&%# it up to all levels of fucktivity. Jesus Christ.

Topwater GPS Dependent gooseman's Avatar
    great to see the young guns out there. Great job. Coodo's to u too Park

Topwater GPS Dependent gooseman's Avatar
    is that a public place in the picture or pivate ?

Very public, the famous catahoula lake
    Some of you bastards are like niggers. You find something nice and you can't help but try and *&%#*&%#*&%#*&%# it up to all levels of fucktivity. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by park duck View Post
    Very public, the famous catahoula lake
    Hunted that place as a kid. I liked it better when we finally got a place next door on delta plantation. Biggest groups of workable ducks I've ever seen.
    "Bitch, please. I am 42 and have fapped to pretty azalea bushes. A highlight of football in the dog days of summer is all I need." tigerfoot

Boys getting big Park!

Yea he is birds still haven't made it here. This has been my worst teal season in 12 years

my field after season went out.

Tn and it's stupid 5 day season..